The cultural affairs department


In his political essay entitled for community liberalism, the President of the Republic of Cameroon, His Excellency Paul BIYA defines the role of cultural services in these terms: “to represent our country abroad a faithful image, we must give a mission more complete to the Cultural Advisers of our embassies abroad by instructing them to better disseminate the image of our country and ensure the export of Cameroonian Culture. Furthermore, according to circular n ° 09/6004 / MINESUP / DAO of June 11, 1999, the missions of the cultural affairs service of a Cameroonian Embassy abroad are, among others, the supervision of Cameroonian students enrolled in its area of ​​competence and the revitalization of university and cultural cooperation between the universities of Cameroon and those of the said area. To fulfill its missions, the Cultural Affairs Service, under the supervision of His Excellency the Ambassador, carries out the following activities:

  • Academic monitoring of students;
  • Monitoring of the program of university aid granted by the Cameroonian Ministry of Higher Education;
  • Moving students and interns;
  • Monitoring the associative life of Cameroonians living in the area of competence of the Embassy;
  • Monitoring relationships between universities, research and cultural circles in the area of ​​competence and those of Cameroon.
  • Information for German students who want to go to Cameroon and for Cameroonian students who want to go or who are already living in Germany or even information for visitors to Cameroon.

Academic monitoring of students.

As part of this activity, the services provided are:

  • The legalization of copies of diplomas established by the Cameroonian academic authorities;
  • The establishment of certificates relating to studies;
  • The withdrawal of the original Cameroonian diplomas and
  • Transmission of information for diploma equivalents.

Moving students and interns

Any student or trainee at the end of their stay who still has Cameroonian nationality can request a moving certificate. It is a facility for the reduction of customs duties. The documents required to obtain this certificate are:

  1. Request addressed to H.E. Ambassador
  2. Signed list to the left of personal effects
  3. Photocopy of diploma or certificate of studies in the area of ​​competence (obtained at most for two years)
  4. Photocopy of the training certificate for state personnel
  5. Photocopy of vehicle registration cards
  6. Photocopy of the applicant’s passport
  7. Copy of consular card


  • Indicate the number of each type of device
  • For each type of device, no more than two (2) items;
  • Number of authorized vehicles:
  • 01 for students
  • 02 for state personnel
  • Indicate the make of the vehicle.
  • Attach a postage-paid envelope bearing the applicant’s address for the dispatch of the certificate.
  • (Fee: 10EUR)

Academic certificates

Academic certificates are issued by the Cultural Service of the Embassy of Cameroon in the FRG. To obtain an academic certificate, please produce the following documents:

  1. Written request to H.E. Ambassador
  2. Photocopy of your passport and residence permit
  3. Fees: (5 €)

Academic certificates are issued within 48 hours from the date of receipt of the complete file.

Physical presence at the Embassy is not necessary. Please enclose with your envelope an envelope sufficiently stamped for registered delivery bearing your address or give a signed and legalized proxy to a third party

The diplomas

You have Cameroonian diplomas and would like to make certified photocopies, please produce the documents below:

  1. Request addressed to H.E. Ambassador
  2. Photocopy of the diploma to be certified
  3. Original of the diploma to be certified
  4. Photocopy of your passport or residence permit in the host country
  5. Fees: Five euros (5 €) per document

You do not need to be at the embassy. In the event that you are not physically present at the Embassy, ​​you should enclose with your file an envelope sufficiently stamped for registered delivery bearing your address or give a signed and legalized power of attorney to a third party.

Transmission of request for originals of diplomas

Please produce the following documents at the Embassy Cultural Service:

  1. Photocopy of the power of attorney to the person to send the diploma
  2. Written request addressed to the Director of the Cameroonian Baccalaureate Office or to the Director of the Cameroon General Certificate of Education Board
  3. Photocopy of your passport and residence permit in Germany
  4. Fee: Five euros

For all other information, enter the Embassy’s cultural affairs department by email: or contact 00493081495992 (Monday to Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)